HouseRater Scheduling is a powerful way to track the inspections going on at your business across many different field and office staff.
The Current Schedule shows inspections for the current week. From here, you'll see a color-coded view of each inspection going on at your company. This page also updates inspections as you make changes, so everyone is on the same page.
Site Inspection Status
The color of the text for an inspection corresponds to the SV Status. As a visit is scheduled, performed and completed, the SV Status moves through a few different color-coded stages.
- Pending: New inspections start here. It means the date is unknown or very much unconfirmed. It's not ready for a field inspector to do the inspection.
- Ready: This status means the date is confirmed as the correct date for an inspection. This automatically happens when you select "Send to RFIs," typically one or two days before it's actual date.
- Complete: Inspections are automatically completed when the mobile app collects most data points for this house. It's one of the three final statuses for a visit.
- Dry Run: When the house is not quite ready for the inspection type scheduled (such as insulation not fully installed), a dry run visit means some (or none) of the necessary information was collected, but the visit can be rescheduled for another date (like tomorrow).
- Missed: Similar to Dry Run, a Missed inspection means the house passed through the inspection type we wanted without an opportunity to collect the data, such as dry wall covering up the insulation. We won't be able to reschedule a Missed inspection.
HouseRater automatically moves inspections along the three main statuses during an inspection's lifecycle using Send to RFIs, but field inspectors can change the status of a visit by pressing the Clock symbol in their top menu bar of HouseRater Mobile and selecting one of the specific statuses.
Note: The web app does not automatically change status like the mobile app. If you're completing inspection forms using HouseRater Web, you can set the status in the SV Status dropdown near the top of the inspection form page.
Selecting a Date Range
To change from the current week view to a specific date range, use the arrow near the top of the page and select one of the date range options.
- Inspection Date: This is the site visit date, or when the Site Inspection is scheduled to occur. The checkbox next to this date means Inspection Date Confirmed, or that we are more assured from the builder client that this date is correct.
- RFI: The Rating Field Inspector field shows the primary person who will be doing this inspection. HouseRater supports multiple inspectors on a visit by adding them from the SV form directly.
- Scheduled At: This field tracks the day and time that the date most recently changed or became confirmed. It's useful for re-pinging builder clients about inspections that are scheduled far down the road, to double-check the date timeline for that house.
- Notes & Comments: Hover your mouse over the right i button and you'll see notes for the inspection and comments for the house, along with additional metadata for this inspection. Note: RFI's are not going to see house comments, but they the SV Notes are automatically displayed when they perform an inspection on HouseRater Mobile.
When you make changes to the Current Schedule, the page will automatically update the inspection forms throughout HouseRater.
Sending Schedule to RFIs
Pressing Send To RFIs from the center dropdown menu sends inspection data to every Rating Field Inspector's mobile app. The next time their iPad synchronizes with HouseRater, the app will automatically show the blank inspection tile so RFI's are ready to perform their day.
You can also check the Send Email to RFIs option when sending visits to inspectors. This means individual emails will be sent to each RFI, containing a list of all the inspections assigned and the same notes the mobile app would show. This is useful when an RFI isn't going to be using HouseRater Mobile.